So I have been patiently waiting. It is now September so I think i’m good. I am going to go basic, white girl on you. It is time to bring out the Pumpkin. Pumpkin everything please! Yes, as long as you keep some pumpkin puree around you can have pumpkin anytime you want (and trust me I keep some in my pantry year round) but there is something about pumpkin in the fall and over the past few years I think the rest of the world has realized that. Not every pumpkin spice product out there will be a winner but I have made something that is and i’m excited to share it with you! Are you ready? Easy Pumpkin Pie Mousse, it is what you need this fall.
Pumpkin Pie is a favorite of mine but I don’t always feel like making a pie crust. Add into it being gluten free, I am always looking for gluten free dessert alternatives. This easy, Pumpkin Pie Mouse is perfect and a bit dangerous since it is so easy to make. The recipe uses 5 ingredients, Pumpkin Puree, Milk, Vanilla or Cheesecake Pudding Mix, Pumpkin Pie Spice and Whipped Cream or Topping. From there you can make it as high fat, full calorie or low fat and light in calories as you would like. This recipe works with both regular full fat ingredients as well as sugar free, light and fat free ingredients. Once you decide how you want to make it, mix it up and pour it into individual ramekins and put it in the fridge to chill and set. In just an hour you have a delicious creamy pumpkin dessert. Top with some whipped cream and maybe a drizzle of dark chocolate and enjoy. It is a perfect fall time pumpkin spice sweet treat!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping or cream (regular, lite or fat free)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, milk, and instant pudding mix. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, and fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Pour into individual ramekins. Chill for 1 hour, or until set. Top with additional whipped topping and favorite toppings.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
Do you love all things Pumpkin Spice? What is your favorite Pumpkin Spice treat?