It wouldn’t be the holiday’s without homemade candy so I have one last candy to share with you for my 12 days of Homemade Christmas, Caramels. Yes, Homemade caramels! These gems take a bit more patience to make but are well worth the time and effort. Do you still need some last minute gifts? These caramels are a perfect gift! Your family and friends will fall in love with the smooth caramel.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 12x15 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size pot, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream, and butter. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Transfer mixture to the lined pan and let the mixture cool completely. When cooled cut the Carmel into small squares and wrap them in wax paper for storage.