I may not be big into Valentine’s day but I do try to make the day special for my kid’s. This has meant in the past making treats for the classes. Usually this includes things like cookies and cupcakes. If you are still looking for a treat to make then I have a sweet treat for you, Sweetheart Cookies. Sweetheart cookies are a yummy mix of a chocolate chip cookies and M&M cookies that my chocolate loving children and husband loved and I am sure you will too!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (you can substitute light brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Valentine M&Ms or other holiday candy coated chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat butter, shortening and sugars together until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and combine until dough forms.
- Stir in M&Ms and white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. If desired add a few M&Ms on top of the dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack if you can*all butter or all shortening can be used but it will change the texture of your cookie*